There are numerous tennis and paddle tennis events scheduled throughout the season. They are directed toward various skill and competitive levels. The professional staff will ensure each player is welcomed and introduced to events that meet their expectations. Don't be shy . . . there is something for everyone.
Open Play and Instruction
1. The use of the tennis courts is restricted to members, their families and their guests. Members' children who are under the age of 24 and living at home are not subject to the guest fee.
2. All play must be registered with the Tennis Shop. Proper tennis attire is required at all times.
3. The time limitation for a court reservation is 1 hour for Singles and 1 1/2 hours for Doubles.
Court Booking Procedures
1. Players should always check-in at the Tennis Shop upon arriving to play. Courts reserved in advance take priority over walk-ons.
2. Court time and lessons may be reserved up to 2 weeks in advance for Tues-Fri play and a maximum of 5 days in advance for holiday and weekend play.
3. Court time or lessons should be cancelled at least 24 hours in advance to avoid charges.
1. TENNIS COURT ATTIRE FOR ADULT MALES - 50% white with a collared shirt and appropriate length tennis shorts
2. TENNIS COURT ATTIRE FOR ALL FEMALES - 50% white or a coordinated outfit.
3. TENNIS COURT ATTIRE FOR JUNIORS - 50% white with a collared shirt. Appropriate length “tennis” shorts for team matches.
4. TENNIS COURT ATTIRE FOR SHOES - Tennis shoes only, no running or cross training shoes
Private Tennis Lessons
Professional Staff are available for private lessons daily, scheduled at the convenience of the player.
Players who are interested should call the Tennis Shop 847-853-4711 or 847-809-4498 to schedule a private lesson. If it becomes necessary to reschedule or cancel a lesson, a call should be made 24 hours in advance to avoid being charged.
Courts are brushed and watered 3 times a day, from 5:00-7:00 am, 12:00-1:00 pm and 5:00-6:00 pm. Members are discouraged from using the courts at these times. However, on occasion these courts may be open for play and lessons on the condition that players will shift courts upon request.
1. A member may be host to as many as 3 guests at any one time provided that the member remains at the courts.
2. A guest fee ($10.00) entitles the guest to play on that day only subject to court availability.
3. Members' children who are under the age of 25 and living at home are not subject to the guest fee.
4. A person may not be introduced for the privilege of using the recreational facilities of the Club more than five (5) times in acalendar year. A member must accompany such guest or guests while they are present at the Club.
All members of Westmoreland are entitled to use the courts. During January and February, reservations are available in the Paddle Warming Hut. A member may reserve a court for a maximum of two hours, beginning at 8:00 am. It is required that the Paddle Warming Hut and courts be vacated by 10:00 pm daily. Exceptions will be made for special events and league play.
Guest Policy - Guest rate of $10.00 will apply. Guests must be registered in the name of the sponsoring member. A person may not be introduced for the privilege of using the recreational facilities of the Club more than five (5) times in acalendar year. A member must accompany such guest or guests while they are present at the Club.
Footwear - Because of the special surface of the courts, only rubber soled shoes (tennis, gym shoes, etc.) are permitted.
Children under 12 years of age are to be accompanied by an adult.
Use of Heaters - Heaters are to be used to melt snow and ice only. They are not to be used for warmth.
Players are asked to assist in keeping the Paddle Courts and Warming Hut clean by using the trash containers. The last ones to use the facilities should turn off the lights and lock the door.
Food and beverages are required to be purchased from the Club when the Club is open.